Sunday, July 24, 2011

Shopping! Some new purchases from Rimmel

It's been a bit of a shitty week and what cheers me up more than anything? Shopping!  After two holidays in two months I have virtually no money, so that's when Boots Advantage Card points come in handy.  Best saved for emergencies I say and my God, was this an emergency (not literally, but in my girl-is-distraght-and-needs-a-pick-me-up-kind-of-way).  Quite often just going around, seeing what's new and swatching a myriad of colours all over my hands and arms is enough to cheer me up, but this week called for something a little more.  Plus I simply fell in love with some of the Rimmel eyeshadows and had to have them.  

First up is Smokey Quartz, a Glam'Eyes Mono Eye Shadow.  This is a fantastic every day eye shadow shade, which they state on the back is for blue eyes, but I don't see why any eye colour couldn't wear this.  I'd put it in the taupe-gold category, kind of a cross between Mac's Satin Taupe and Woodwinked. 



The second eye shadow single I purchased was Spicy Bronze.  I saw this in a Lisa Eldridge tutorial months ago (click here for video) and have managed to avoid buying it because I have a few similar bronze shades, but I decided that I have nothing quite like it.  It is a warm bronze, with small flecks of gold and another great every day colour, but could also be glammed-up for evening.



 Finally, I bought a Glam'Eyes Eye Shadow Quad in Urban Flower.  I was mainly drawn to the green, which is similar to Mac's Juxt, but ever-so-slightly darker and a tad more of a pea green.  There is then a beautiful peach, simialar to Mac Jest, a very wearable mink shade and a kind of chalky pinky-white shade, which I could do without, but I can live with it.  All in all a beautiful palette of colours I absolutely love.



Swatches from L-R: Spicy Bronze; Smokey Quartz; Urban Flower Palette (peach, green, mink, pink).

x
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...