Friday, October 9, 2009

Welcome back Zambo; Go Artur!

So I just created this blog because I must say I am very bored, home in HG and just put down Go Tell It On The Mountain, and thought this would be a fun thing to start up.

~ Zambo MAX bound again

So I know I've missed a few key things that have happened within the past month or so that I'd like to touch on. Of course, the abscence of 'Iron' Mike Zambidis from this year's MAX tournament had some hardcore fans of K-1 absolutely livid with Tanikawa. I've always been a pretty casual fan of Zambo, one of the biggest "little" warriors on the kickboxing circuit ever since the early part of the century, and has always been horribly screwed over by judges and almost seems to be cursed in the ring.

Starting in MAX back in 2003, knocking out then reigning champion Albert Kraus in destructive fashion, Zambo had high expectations that he feel short on for the most part. Very close controversial losses to Masato, Kyshenko, and a just horrible decison last year against Kraus that even made me furious when watching it. Just this past May, in a rematch with JWP, Zambo lost a close rematch (it was close, no matter what Hammer blabbers on about in the commentary box) while dealing with an awful cut (almost reminded me of Cotto/Clottey). THEN, Zambo misses this year's MAX.

Well, I guess FEG is finally taking some sympathy for Mike and is inviting him back for a superfight against rising J-MAX star, Hinata. Hinata gave a great showing against Dzhabar at the Final 8 and in my opinion (all bias aside from my liking of Dzhabar) was flat-out robbed. He's in for a rough go of it here, as Mike hits harder than Dzhabar (or basically anyone at 70KG), and I can't see Hinata's glass chin lasting the full 9. KO within two rounds for Zambidis, and he will decision Dzhabar in Melbourne.

GO ZAMBO! We missed you.



~ Artur Kyshenko + It's Showtime = Yes

I have high doubts that anyone cared to listen to me, but I've been wanting this for the past year, and letting it be known around the forums: Kyshenko MUST sign with It's Showtime.

Why?

More fights.

We look at fighters like Buakaw, Souwer, Petrosyan - always fighting, always fresh. While Kyshenko doesn't stay out of competition as much as say, Masato, but out-of-K-1 competition has been lacking for Artur, plus with having to cut weight a lot for upcoming fights will keep him from ballooning up I hope.

So he'll be facing tough It's Showtime 70KG champion Murat Direkci at the Amsterdam ArenA, in May 2010. Murat is tough, always game for it, but a tough schedule awaits. A rematch with Chahid (which I think he'll take either by decision or late stage KO, was unfortunate the first time), a fight with Petrosyan, and now Artur await. Won't be a pretty fight, Direkci eats canvas from a beautiful left hook in the opening frame. I can almost see it now.

Also, quick update. Artur will be fighting on the MAX Final card in a few weeks against a relative unknown, Toofan Salafzoon. Should be a quick one, while it's not Kraus, more of my favourite kickboxer certainly makes the sport a lot better.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...